Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer So Far

It's really bad that I go so long in between posts, that I will actually be posting about another trip to Mexico that Scott and I took.  Since I last posted, oh so long ago in March, we were able to go to Playa Del Carmen again.  This time some of our best friends got married.  Jim and Sonia live in DC, but got married in Playa so that we could all have a really good excuse to go down there again.
 I highly recommend the route we took: Cooler as luggage.  It's a great way to save money and  keep your diet cokes and corona's cold while you are on the road.

 First Night on Campus

 Secret Beach in Tulum

 Great Friends

 Great Food



Hot Husband. (literally and figuratively)

The rest of our summer so far has been pretty typical.  Bear Lake, Peoa, hanging out with the kids. We love summer , but it can also get a bit overwhelming at times, what with the sheer number of things we do throughout the weeks and into the weekends.  The kids have spent a lot of time so far this year in the bike trailer, Henry learned how to ride a bike, but flat rides around the block are about all he can handle at this point.  Plus he can't quite brake yet, so that really puts a damper on things.

Winslow is almost 2 now and he has gotten so much more verbal in the last few months.  He got his glasses in February and I am not exaggerating when I say that they have truly changed his life.  I don't throw the word "blessed" around very often,  but i truly feel blessed that we realized that there was something really, really wrong with his eyesight.  He is a different kid now and it breaks my heart to know that there was a time in his life when he truly did not know what was in front of him.  He has a pretty good idea of that now, and he is taking full advantage.  Now if I could just convince him that every color is not "lellow" and that he really needs to learn to say "binky" and not "kinky."

Henry is almost 4 (!) and he is the greatest big brother on the planet.  He loves Winslow so much and he never seems annoyed by him at all.  He has a lot of one sided conversations with Win, but it  works out, because Henry really likes to talk.  Henry has the most amazing imagination and he is always pretending to be something.  The last few days, he has chosen to be the "Tigress" from Kung Fu Panda.  Scott is worried because Henry keeps telling him that he is a girl now, but I am convinced he will come safely out of it.  And if he doesn't, we will love whatever tiger he ends up loving.  When he isn't the Tigress, he is Spider-Man with webs, Captain America with my largest  pan lid as his shield, or Curious George.  The monkey noises are my least favorite, but I can live with it.

For those of you who don't know, I was named the inaugural "Ute Crossfitter of the Month." You can see more about it here  I know it seems super braggy to talk about it, but it is something that I am really proud of.  I've had truly incredible results with CrossFit and Paleo and the old saying is true.  If I can do it, anyone can! Again super braggy, but here are the results from 12 weeks of training and eating almost exclusively Paleo:


Total inches lost in the 12 weeks were 33.

 So as for the rest of our summer so far, it goes something like this:

 Winslow loves his friends and he also loves baseball.

 Red Butte Concerts are the best part of the summer.

 In case you didn't know, my husband wins half marathons.  Not age groups, but the entire thing.  Again, my husband wins half marathons.  And beats lots and lots of other people.

 Beds are overrated, but floors and vacuum cords are not.

 My Sweet Boys.

 Crafty Father's Day

 Fierce Spider Man

 Heart Breakingly Sweet Spider Man

 Hanging with Rizzo the Polar Bear at Hogle Zoo.  Henry kept telling everyone that called the bear a "he" that it was a "she."  He was very adamant about it.
MS 150 living the dream.  They didn't have to ride, just got to hang at the pool.  Scott rode 100 miles on Saturday to celebrate my best friend's Mom, Leslie Kemp, and I rode 40 on Sunday to do the same.  What an amazing race and for such a great cause.  It was probably the most beautiful ride I have ever been on and to do it for such a great reason was even better.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Faeth! I have been considering the idea of doing crossfit. I generally work in some type of cross fit workouts with my regular daily workouts, but am interested in doing it. I love athletic challenges and cross fit seems like a GREAT ONE! Congrats on getting that award for the month, that's a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete